Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 31 July 11: The road to the feast in Silverthorne

So we got up at our usually 7am time, after a night of howling coyotes and foxes and set off at 9am to ride as fast as we could to Silverthorne, CO.  Our very good friend, Sara, has a sister-in-law, Bona, who graciously invited us into her home for a "feast," whirlpool tub and a place to sleep.  We pondered this (not at all) and decided to accept the offer.  We rode fast and hard thinking of what will come at the end of our day.  We did 38 miles and got in around 1pm to Silverthorne.  We rode over another pass, Ute pass 9, 524ft.  We still have at least two more 10,000ft + passes to go over.  Only 1,055.2 miles to go, on the home stretch!  I will say spandex by themselves are not a good look, tight spandex even worse, and loose spandex, well that isn't any better and is where we are headed.  I was informed today by my lovely wife that I have lost some weight and it shows, though I say I wear it well, spandex included! 

No comments:

Post a Comment